Before booking this hotel, I specifically asked if there was a shuttle and told the hotel staff person, I was arriving on Saturday. They replied yes, we go to the airport, and to other areas within a 5 mile radius, so I booked the hotel. Upon arrival found out there was no shuttle service after 1PM during Saturday and Sunday. So my nephew and I got stuck at the hotel. During the week this hotel will drive you to area shops, restaurants, and businesses within a 5 mile radius. NO airport shuttle service either on Saturday/Sunday after 1PM! Only one person on duty. Yes, ONE. No van driver, no housekeeping, no maintenance, only the front desk employee. What happens if s/he passes out? The hotel will be on auto pilot. Not only will the owner not put more employees on the weekend shift, he will not cut the grass. I have pictures. So if your phone doesn't work(our phone did not work) and there is a fire in your room and s/he steps away to go to the bathroom. There is no one to call! You cannot call the front desk or fire department. So I did write a negative review on TripAdvisor. Since this owner lives 4 hours away, he thinks he can operate this property via auto pilot. When I decided to take pictures of the huge amount of uncut lawn, I could not exit the EXIT Door, which is situated between the fire alarm and the fire extinguisher. So then I called the Durham Fire Marshall. He told me he'd go out there immediately, after our call. Wyndham should really interview their franchise owners first. No consistency in service. When I called Wyndham to complain, I waited 31 minutes before they would answer the phone. They said they would follow up, but I just feel like, they did not care either. "One person on the weekend is how it's done." Sure, until the front desk person gets robbed then murdered." I hope they at least have an emergency button under the desk.

Since I had just stayed at a Wingate, my impression was that it was going to be just as nice. I've booked another week at a Wingate for August 12-17. So basically in one week, I will have had 3 different stays at Wingate. There should be some consistency and concern for employees and guests.

I want everyone to know this owner is cheap and has no concern for their employees or guests. Saving a couple of bucks is bad customer service. Since the owner doesn't care about what the customer thinks, I will tell everyone I can how cheap they are.

Comments

WHY DO STAY AT WINGATES WHEN YOU KNOW THEY ARE CHEAP HOTELS AND GETTING DISCOUNTED RATES. GO AND STAY AT A MARRIOTT or HILTON WHERE YOU PAY FOR WHAT YOU GET. YOU ARE THE PROBLEM THAT WANTS EVERYTHING FREE.